What Is Homeward Bound?
• Homeward Bound is a 501c (3) Community Land Trust, member-based, and governed by a Board.
• The Board is comprised of citizens from Clallam and Jefferson Counties, representatives of diverse professional areas, and Homeward Bound homeowners.
• An important feature of this organization is the Homeward Bound permanent subsidy toward the purchase of a home, creating the opportunity for affordable home ownership.
• This feature coupled with the 99-year ground lease held by Homeward Bound promotes the sustainability of affordable housing.
• Homeward Bound addresses those whose income is less than or equal to 80% of the area median income.